Monday 30 January 2012

What am I doing here?


My raison d'etre is simple: I'm not a vegan and I don't believe (as some people do) that milk is bad for you. In fact I love milk - in all it's many forms (so much so, that my family used to refer to me as a 'pussy cat') it's just that, for now anyway, my baby and I can't have it. 

Baby and Me!

When she was diagnosed with a cow's milk protein intolerance*, without being too melodramatic, it was a huge shock to my system - it felt like my whole world view had changed and there was a steep learning curve to follow. There was a lot of information that I felt we needed, and it was out there, but most of it we had to find for ourselves. 

Since then, I have come across others, embarking on the same journey, who are wondering quite how to go about going 'dairy free'. The idea of this blog is to try and make things easier by sharing ideas and combining all sorts of information. 

I am not by any means an expert, nor am I endorsed by any manufacturers, so if I mention a product, it's simply for the purposes of making life easier! If I can make anyone else's life simpler, easier, happier, and ease them through the same process, then it will make the whole thing seem more worthwhile. 

I am simply buzzing with ideas for this blog - it'll be fairly personal at times, as I share some of the things we've been through, but I also want to include: reviews, recipes, and useful information. If you can't see something you need or want, then please be patient with me... hopefully I'll get there. Alternatively, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to point you in the right direction. 

Meanwhile, if anyone else has any thing else to add, I'd be more than happy to hear from them. Let's do this together, after all (as a well-known UK clothing retailer says) 'Life is out there!'

*I have since discovered that cow's milk protein intolerance is actually more correctly described as a Non-Ige mediated allergy to cow's milk protein - we have had a lot of learning to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment